The content below is taken from the original (OpenStack Community Weekly Newsletter (June 19 – 26)), to continue reading please visit the site. Remember to respect the Author & Copyright.
New OpenStack component versioning
Thierry Carrez explains why the Liberty-1 milestone release has some unfamiliar version numbers for familiar projects.
Technical Committee Highlights June 25, 2015
A compute starter kit tag has been approved, it provides a place for a beginner who only wants to try to get a computing cloud use case started. New projects under the OpenStack “Big Tent”: Searchlight, OS-ansible-deployment (OSAD), Solum and Cue Message Broker service.
Forrester says: ready, set, OpenStack!
A recent report from Forrester gives a major boost to OpenStack adoption, calling its “viability and presence in the market irrefutable.” You can download the entire report for a limited time on the OpenStack.org website.
The Road to Tokyo
- Interested in being a Tokyo Summit Sponsor?
- How to craft a successful OpenStack Summit proposal
- Accepting presentation submissions until July 15th, 2015, 11:59 pm PDT
Reports from Previous Events
- None this week
- The unbearable lightness of specs
- dropping non RabbitMQ support in devstack
- devstack plugin writers guide
Deadlines and Contributors Notifications
- [Nova] Liberty-1 Spec Freeze (and the exception process)
- [ceilometer] virtual mid-cycle planning
- [Ironic] Mid-Cycle Sprint
- [Congress] Mid-cycle sprint
Security Advisories and Notices
Tips ‘n Tricks
- By Dan Smith: Upgrading Nova to Kilo with minimal downtime
- By Loïc Dachary: Delete the last port of an OpenStack router and OpenStack instance name based on its IP address and Setting a custom name server on an OpenStack instance
- By Matt Fischer: Fernet Tokens in Prod
- By Joseph Yep: Source repository flexibility in OpenStack deployment using Fuel
- By Michael J. Clarkson Jr.: Kilo Ravello blueprint to build lab environments on AWS and Google Cloud
- By Gorka Eguileor: Cinder Volume Back Up Automation
- By Nir Yechiel: IPv6 Prefix Delegation – what is it and how does it going to help OpenStack?
- By Emilien Macchi: Puppet Module Functional Testing with Vagrant, OpenStack and Beaker
- By Swapnil Kulkarni: Install and Configure RDO-Juno with GlusterFS
- By Aurélien Maury: 5 Minutes Stacks, Episode four: PostgreSQL
Open Call for Proposals
Recently Merged Specs
- Jul 01 – 02, 2015 July OpenStack Meetup – NFV Engineering & Planning on OpenStack presentation
- Jul 01, 2015 OpenStack 5th birthday party
- Jul 02, 2015 Exploring OpenStack Conference London, England, GB
- Jul 09, 2015 OpenStack Monitoring Lessons Sunnyvale, California, US
- Jul 7, 2015 July Sydney Meetup – OpenStack 5th Birthday, Sydney, Australia
- Jul 15, 2015 Tales from the Trenches’ & OpenStack 5th Birthday Sydney, Australia
- Jul 16, 2015 Newbie OpenStack Contribution & 5th Birthday Celebration, Melbourne, Australia
- Jul 17 – 18, 2015 OpenStack Thailand 2015 Bangkok, TH
- Jul 20 – 24, 2015 OSCON 2015 Portland, OR, US
- Jul 30 – 31, 2015 DCD INTERNET San Francisco, CA, US
- Aug 10 – 13, 2015 Gartner Catalyst Conference San Diego, CA, US
- Aug 11, 2015 OpenStack Day Taiwan 2015 Taipei, TW
- Aug 13 – 14, 2015 OpenStack Collective Austin, TX, US
- Aug 20, 2015 OpenStack Day Seattle 2015 Seattle, WA, US
- Aug 25, 2015 OpenStack Trove Day 2015 San Jose, CA, US
- Aug 26 – 27, 2015 OpenStack Silicon Valley Mountain View, California, US
- Aug 27, 2015 OpenStack Nova Deep Dive Meetup Cluj-Napoca, Cluj, RO
- Sep 19, 2015 OpenStack Benelux Conference 2015 Amersfoort, NL
- Sep 21 – 24, 2015 Storage Developer Conference Santa Clara, CA, CA, US
- Liberty-1 development milestone
- At CERN, storage is the key to the universe
- From OpenStack to DreamHost: Welcome to the Team, Stefano!
- So long OpenStack community, see you soon
- [designate] python-designateclient release 1.3.0 (liberty)
- [ceilometer] python-ceilometerclient release 1.3.0 (liberty)
The weekly newsletter is a way for the community to learn about all the various activities occurring on a weekly basis. If you would like to add content to a weekly update or have an idea about this newsletter, please leave a comment.