The content below is taken from the original (OpenStack Developer Mailing List Digest January 2-8), to continue reading please visit the site. Remember to respect the Author & Copyright.
- russellb: Ported OVS to Python 3.
- notmyname: Removed the beta tag on the swift erasure code docs.
- AJaeger: OpenStack configuration reference has been migrated from DocBook XML to RST .
- notmyname: This season’s Outreachy intern had her first patch merged.
- odyssey4me: OpenStack-Ansible 12.0.3 tagged.
- jordanP: My 3rd party CI correctly warned me that a patch would break my driver.
- asselin: OpenStack Third Party CI documentation published .
Slightly Longer Delays for Gate CI Testing
- When: January 31, 2016
- Due to the sunsetting of a public cloud  used by the OpenStack Infra team, we will have less resources available.
- Jeremy Stanely says that the Infra team is working on bringing in new providers to absorb the impact.
Release Countdown For Week R-12, Jan 11-25
- Second milestone is coming up. Finish up major features or reevaluate if it really needs to land in this cycle.
- Identify work that needs to be completed before the M-2 tag.
- Release liaisons responsibilities are being updated. Provide comments for questions or concerns .
- Important Dates:
- Mitaka 2: Jan 19-21
- Release schedule .
Re-introduce Twisted to global-requirements
- A change in global-requirements introduces mimic, an http server that can mock various APIs.
- Mimic depends on twisted, which in the past was removed in favor of Eventlet to avoid developers having to know multiple frameworks .
- Jim Rollenhagen explains Ironic’s need for Mimic:
- To do functional tests, not unit tests which they could do with requests-mock.
- To bring up a less expensive Ironic environment for doing these tests.
- Jay Pipes notes:
- This is another way to introduce a larger surface area of bugs to creep in since you have keep Mimic up-to-date with the real interfaces.
- There’s not a clear value in the advantage of functional tests of a client that calls a fake HTTP API versus unit tests of a client that simply uses requests-mock.
 – http://bit.ly/1JA2XBk
 – http://bit.ly/1VRIuK5
 – http://bit.ly/1JA3001
 – http://bit.ly/1VRIrxN
 – http://bit.ly/1JA2XBl
 – http://bit.ly/1VRIv0k