The OpenStack community continues to grow, and the OpenStack Foundation has been hiring to help support many exciting new initiatives and activities as we drive cloud innovation, adoption, and interoperability. New hires in 2015 include:
- Wes Wilson, Lead Designer, joined late January and has been working on Todd Morey’s team to help build out OpenStack.org and manage other design initiatives. You can check out his awesome work in the /enterprise and /summit sections of OpenStack.org.
- Danny Carreno, Ecosystem Account Manager, joined Heidi Bretz’s business development team in May and is helping support our growing ecosystem. Danny is passionate about helping startups succeed, coming from his previous role where he helped build startup programs and community for Rackspace public cloud.
- Heidi Joy Tretheway joined the team in July as Sr Manager of Marketing with a focus on branding, content campaigns and growing participation in the marketing community. She looks forward to collaborating with marketing members at companies throughout our ecosystem. She previously led marketing communications at mobile software company Urban Airship.
- Kendall Waters recently graduated from St. Edwards University and was a part-time intern for the Foundation during the first half of 2015. She joined the team full time as a Marketing Associate in June, and is part of Claire Massey’s team focused on Summit organization and execution.
- Jay Fankhauser, currently at Baylor University, is our newest marketing intern, and is primarily helping Allison Price with Superuser Magazine and social media / web analytics.
You can learn more about the full team at http://bit.ly/1LQqqfU. And we’re still hiring!
With Stefano Maffulli’s departure in June, the Foundation continues to seek a number of positions, including:
- Ecosystem Manager: focused on driving the Marketplace forward and liaising with industry groups
- Upstream Developer Advocate: coordinating and communicating upstream development activities
- App Dev Community Coordinator: liaise with SDK and developer communities, help solicit feedback and engagement from dev community
- Engagement Community Manager: support new companies who want to contribute, professional cert, university programs, upstream training, user groups
The OpenStack Foundation staff is honored to serve such a vibrant, global community, and we look forward to engaging with you online and in person. Please don’t hesitate to reach out ([email protected]) if you have feedback, ideas or want to get involved!