Microsoft announced several new Azure tools and features focused on migrating data to the cloud and helping businesses work securely with other companies and customers:
- The Cloud Migration Assessment analyzes servers and hardware, providing a report on the costs and benefits of moving data over to Azure
- The Azure Hybrid Use Benefit allows customers moving data over to Azure to get a discount of up to 40 percent on Windows Server licenses and virtual machines. Read our previous MPC post about this offer here
- The Azure Site Recovery tool helps those coming over from another cloud provider, such as Amazon Web Services or VMware, to move information and applications to Windows Server
Also announced were new tools for Azure Active Directory, an identity and access management system, focused on business-to-business collaboration and ways for companies to store customer information:
- A business can now grant access to a vendor or partner to work on a cloud-based project or document using already existing credentials, such as an email address
- In Europe, Azure users will now be able to securely store information from customers who sign into an app or service via social media
Learn more about how each of these tools can benefit you in the original GeekWire blog post. Other questions or feedback? Please post them here!